Thursday, March 15, 2007

....And in the begining......

As I pick up pen to write, metaphorically speaking, I'm reflecting, this visit, on the appearance of crocuses and trillium as they announce Spring, a tad early, but welcome all the same. Should global warming be inevitable we'll enjoy the ride; early Spring, warmer summers, fewer polar bears and ocean species, thickening smogs. Ah, nature ... ya gotta love it as it renews itself, humankind be damned!

Soon the cabin on the Metolius will be safe to open. Google says 63 degrees in Camp Sherman today; it ain't right, but again, welcome. 

The pines and brush are beginning their growing season early too, after a 6 month slumber. Trout anxiously await the hatchings of even larger insects than those that winter offered; and the lazy river rolls on, and on and on.

Wait for me, River. I'll be there soon. Lord knows I've missed you, too. You're ever faithful, percolating from your headwaters as you do... blessed fount of life-giving-waters that please so many animals, insects and mankind. Wait for me...I'm almost there...soon, very soon now, I'll be with you.

No comments:

Bend in the River

Bend in the River
Metolius River very near its Source - Fall 2005