Saturday, April 7, 2007

I Gotta Go...Badly!

It's Springtime and yesterday's near 85 degree temp has ignited the urge to be Metolius bound. I need Camp Sherman like a junkie needs a fix! 

The threat of snows all but gone, I can close my eyes and imagine the sights and sounds, the very smells, of the River life. I'm here to tell you that if you haven't known the fragrance of Ponderosa Pine needles baking in the late morning sun you haven't lived. Combine this with the moist air wafting from the stream and the call of a Blue Heron as it navigates the winding river, I'm overcome with sensations and I'm left with no choice but to surrender mind & body to the magic of Metolius. 

 I gotta get back there and soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Metolius Mark * Student of...Everything said...

Lynne, THANK YOU for appreciating it.

Anonymous said...

i need camp sherman like a junkie needs a fix - that is awesome dad

Bend in the River

Bend in the River
Metolius River very near its Source - Fall 2005