Sunday, February 1, 2015

..on Doing Adult Things

Really?  I'm going to be a grandfather?  How'd that happen?

Ok, maybe don't answer that.  But I'd have to say once you get that news it's hard to think of much else.  Daytime, night time and any in-between-time.

I'm going to have a grand-daughter (or at least 80% chance...[Update 90%+ Chance])... That's big, huh?

I remember when my own 1st child was born.  I remember when the Dr. said "You have a baby girl" and how that made me feel.  There are not words to describe the joy.

Three years later, when a different Dr. said "You have a baby boy" I imagine I felt as if my life was surely beyond twice blessed.

Watching children grow and do 'adult things'...  well, that is a nice thing to be sure.

And if I didn't find myself at this point in MY life (our lives) I could still feel just as happy, but different.  Every change leaves a mark, indelible.

But I'm happy for my kids.  Both have brought me such joy, individually and collectively, as they do 'adult things';  each on their own journey, intersecting with each other's lives and mind when it happens.

Special note to a Mother-to-Be:  "Thank you for loving my son."

No comments:

Bend in the River

Bend in the River
Metolius River very near its Source - Fall 2005